Alexa.com is all about website rankings. If you have a blog
or website, you might know about this website. When you
start your website, it does not have any Alexa Rankings.
Within a day or two after proper SEO, you get a rank like 20
or 30 million! But that ranking can be reduced/improved by
proper SEO and backlinking. The purpose of this article is to make
webmasters aware about Alexa ranking. And
suggest them tips to improve Alexa ranking and
how to maintain it. Here, you will find the best
practices and strategies to follow to get a nice
Alexa justifies any website by
it’s visitor numbers. If you have a lot of visitors daily, it will
be a matter of time to get an improved Alexa rank. So, you
should emphasize on visitor numbers at first.
Here are some easy ways to improve Alexa Rankings:
1. Sign Up: At first, Create an account on http://Alexa.com. You
can sign up using your Facebook account also.
2. Add Your Website: Add your website in the site lists of
3. Alexa Toolbar or Extension: Alexa toolbar can be
installed in computer browsers from these links [Chrome |Firefox|Internet explorer]. Alexa counts the number of
browsers of the visitors which have Alexa Toolbar installed.
The more you install Alexa toolbar, the less the Alexa rank. So, tell
your friends to install Alexa toolbar in their browsers and
install it now.
4. Alexa Traffic Widgets: Build your website’s Alexa
Traffic Widget from this link . Place the html widget code in
5. Alexa Review Widgets: Build a review widget for your
website from this link and place it on your website. Ask the
visitors to give a review in Alexa.
6. SEO: Search Engine Optimization is the pre-requisite for
good number of visitors. So, to improve Alexa Ranking, you
must work everyday on SEO.
7. Check Alexa Rank Frequently: Visit your website
whenever you can and click on the Alexa Extension or
Toolbar to see the rank of your website. It will help to
improve the rank.
8. Backlinks: Create quality backlinks on high Page Rank
websites. It will help to improve the rank also.
9. Google Page Speed: Improve Google Page Speed of
your website. Less loading time will increase number of
visitors and thus improve the Alexa rank.
10. Patience: Alexa justifies any website by it’s last 3
month’s web traffic. So, if you are new, please wait with
patience and work regularly on these things. After 3
months, you will surely get a 5 digit Alexa rank.