Youtube dark mode is a hidden feature which you can activate just by following the simple steps below:
- Go to Youtube.
- Click right mouse and go to Inspect (or Press Ctrl + Shift + I on windows & Option +Command+I on Mac)
- Now go to console.
- Paste the following code in the console and hit Enter.
cookieDate = new Date();
cookieDate.setFullYear(cookieDate.getFullYear( ) + 1);
document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE; expires=" + cookieDate.toGMTString( ) + ";path=/";
- After pressing Enter you will have a output like the following. This code will save the cookies for 1 year.
- Now close the developer window (by clicking cross from the right of use the keyboard shortcut which we used previously to start the developer menu) & Refresh the page.
- Click on your profile avatar and now you will see the Dark Mode option.
- Click on it and select Activate Dark Mode from the next menu.
Requirements: You must have Chrome version 57+.