Sometimes we need to keep our PC awake i.e. if we want to download very large file and our internet speed is not so much high. Sometimes I used to keep my PC awake when I download anything from torrent. Every time after completing the download, I keep my PC awake so that the other people can have seed from me.
I hope you may also need to keep your PC awake. It is very easy just turn off the sleep option. But the problem you will face, that your PC will be disconnected from internet after a sudden time. This will also happen after waking up your PC from sleep. In this post, I am going to show how to solve this problem.
Basically, this problem occurs because of Windows power saving mode. The power saver stops the Lan or WiFi drive after a sudden time to save energy. To solve this problem try the following method.
Method 1 of 2:
Follow the steps:
- Go to Power Settings of your PC.
- Go to Change Plan Settings of the power plan which is now active.
- Go to Change Advance Power Settings.
- Now you will have a window like below. Expand PCI Express > Link State Power Management > Settings. Here you will have the default settings as Maximum Power Savings.
- Turn it off. Click Apply.
Method 2 of 2 :
- Click Right Mouse on This PC and go to Manage.
- Go to Device Manager > Network Adapters.
- Click right mouse on your network drive and go to Properties > Power Management.
- Uncheck the box of “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power“.
- Click Ok and you are done.
You can apply one or both method. Enjoy!!! 🙂