Now-a-days internet connectivity has become one of the things that we need the most. It would be nice if we can use our computer’s fast internet Connection. You can easily use your PC’s internet by creating a WiFi Hotspot from your PC. For this, you may find many third party application on internet. There are both paid and free apps for creating a WiFi Hotspot. If you are using a laptop, maximum laptop comes with a built in WiFi device. So, what you need to do just download the software and turn on the WiFi hotspot. For desktop, you need to buy a WiFi card on WiFi device.
Read Also Hide any drive in your computer
Easy right? Though the paid apps give you a good interface, who wants to use a paid apps!!! And maximum free apps are not so good or may be comes with virus. So guys the solution is Wireless Hosted Network. This concept of Wireless Hosted network was introduced in Windows 7. By using this feature we can easily create a virtual wireless adapter. Let see how we can create a Wireless Hosted Network.
You may also like to read Remove or bypass android pattern lock
To do this we only require a CMD(Command Prompt!) with Administrator privileges. And best of all you can connect to another WiFi when Hosted Network is running. For using this method you need a PC running with Windows 7+.
- Start Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- Now type “netsh wlan show drivers” (without the quotation mark) and hit enter. This will show your PC’s WiFi drivers information.
- Check if your driver supports Hosted network in the driver details.
- If your driver supports Hosted network then you can read the next steps. Now type “netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Hotspotname key=password” (without the quotation) and hit Enter. Here ssid will be your hotspot name. You can type anything you want just ignore special character and spaces. And the Key will be your password to access the WiFi network. Use anything you want. For Example, here I used “itsegment” as my ssid and key.
- Now your WiFi is ready to use but this is not yet running. To start, type “netsh wlan start hostednetwork” (without the quotation) and hit Enter. Your hotspot will be started. Now you can connect any device. But still there is problem. You can connect any device but you will have internet access.
- For this, go to Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings. Here you will a new Adapter. This is the virtual hotspot which you just created. For me, you can see in the following screenshot. It is named itsegment and it is using Local Area Connection 13 for the connection.
- Now got to the Properties of the adapter which you are using for our PC’s internet access. I am using a WiFi connection, so I will go to Properties of my WiFi adapter properties.
- Go to the Sharing tab and check the box of “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”. Then select the adapter with which you want to share. Here I select Local Area Network 13 as I showed before that my Hosted Network is using Local Area Network 13. Click ok and we are done.
- Now go to command prompt and type “netsh wlan show hostednetwork” (without the quotation) and hit Enter. It will show the status of our hostednetwork.
- To stop the hosted network type “netsh wlan stop hostednetwork” (without the quotation) and hit Enter.