Good news, everyone! Chrome 55 (55.0.2883.84) for Android has been released and will be available on Google Play over the next few days. This release contains performance, memory, and stability fixes, as well as a few new features:
- Easily download music, videos, and even full web pages for viewing offline
- View and share your downloads within Chrome
- See misspelled words highlighted in text fields
- Improvements to contextual search UI
A partial list of the changes in this build is available in the Git log.
How to use this new download feature
- Visit any website.
- Go to click on the option at the right top corner.
- Now you will find a new Download button in the menu.
- Click on the download button and your website will saved for the offline browsing.
- For the videos you will find the download button beside the full screen button.
Browsing the saved sites
Go to download and you select your desired site from the list and you will have the site offline. Enjoy!!