Capturing the action on your computer’s display and converting it into a video file is the chief function of Camtasia. You can choose to record your entire screen, a specific region, window or application. Additionally, Camtasia can record your face using your computer’s webcam.
The program also records your computer’s audio as well from a microphone. Essentially, you have the ability to capture everything that happens on your computer: from applications to video streams and even video games. You can even record video VoIP calls through programs like Skype and others.
Despite its breadth of recording tools, the software is surprisingly easy to learn and use. It may take some time to explore everything Camtasia has to offer. The interface itself is quite intuitive. Anyone with a moderate level of computer skills should be able to master Camtasia’s basic functions with few to no problems.
The Welcome screen launches the recording tool interface with a single click. From there, you select the portion of the screen you want to record and click the red REC button. It also allows you to easily pick your webcam and audio options. To make it even easier, Camtasia allows you to program hotkeys, or keyboard shortcuts that allow you to quickly start, pause, and stop a recording. You can also lay down markers and pick regions of your screen to record.
A wide range of editing options will then help to change your rough cut into something more professional. You’re able to insert title pages, apply captions, include photos or video clips, add a soundtrack, and more. It’s easy to highlight cursor movements and mouse clicks to help people see what you’re doing, or, if you prefer, you can have Camtasia Studio zoom in on important areas. It’s even possible to add graphics with clickable links that will take viewers to another part of the video, or an external web page.
When you’ve finished, Camtasia Studio can export your movie to many different formats: MP4, FLV, SWF, MPV, AVI, Silverlight-compatible WMV, MOV, RM, even animated GIF or MP3. Or, if you prefer, the program will upload your movie directly to YouTube or Screencast.com, TechSmith’s own video hosting service.
What’s new in Camtasia 8.6.0
– Added Vimeo production preset
– Added support for 24-bit and 32-bit audio decoding
– Fixed issue related to AVCHD
– Added capability to extract media streams from TREC recordings
– Improvements and bug fixes for the TechSmith Smart Player
– Fixed some scenarios that resulted in a crash on start-up
– Bug fixes for YouTube and Google Drive outputs
– Other minor bugs fixes
Installation and licence hack:
- Go to Camtasia official site, Download trial version and install it according to guideline.
- Then download This file, and extract with winrar or any unrar tools.
- Go to extracted folder, open Block-hosts.txt, then copy all text and paste in cmd, and press enter.
- Copy Reginfo.ini from extracted folder and paste it on C:\ProgramData\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio 8
Now lunch Camtasia Studio and enjoy life time licence..