Some older Netbooks and tablets has fixed resolution like 1024*600. But Windows 10 and 8 need minimum 1024*768 resolution. So that, those devices are unable to run Windows store apps and many other apps that force to use higher resolution, like ShareIt and some games.
In this article I will share a solution for this problem. This solution works for those devices that has Intel integrated graphics. You can try this for other devices if work. And this solution absolutely works for me.
Now, let’s start step by step.
- Press “Start + R” and type “regedit” then press enter, or start registry editor (regedit.exe).
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MECHINE then press “Ctrl + F” and search for “Display1_DownScalingSupported”.
3. Default value of “Display1_DownScalingSupported” is 0. Double click on it and change the value to 1, and press OK.
4. Close “registry editor” and insure the change is applied by following first two steps.
5. Restart your computer and go to display settings, then change the resolution that’s best fit for your device.
Note: You will get two extra resolutions, those are 1024*768 and 1152*864.
Thank you, keep visiting IT Segment.